[ngw] GW 18 client upgrade causes folder settings to change onrandom folders in the cabinet

Craig Meads craigm at cwise.co.nz
Wed Jun 5 20:55:43 UTC 2019

Yes, I have seen this, and it was the straw that broke the camel's back for one client. They have now moved to Office 365, and we lost the client.

All they needed to do was create an option, Classic View or GW18 view in the Tools | Options | Environment section, which could of course then be maintained in Client Options in GW Admin.

Craig
>>> "Gregg A. Hinchman" <Gregg at HinchmanConsulting.com> 6/06/2019 07:18 >>>

I have seen the labels and columns and such change with a client upgrade from 14 to 18.  Now part of it is the new wonderful threading stuff they added....yes that was sarcasm.  Personally I turned it all off -or as much as I can and still the threading happens and confounds me.  Maybe I am too old to understand why I want every single email I send to be link to any others...not sure.  But it definitely affects my performance in email....so I rolled back to the 14 client.

I have customers that have test out the 18 client -and not ONE liked it.

Personally I would love to see an option on the client -or its install that states: Would you like the Classic tried and true look/feel/features.....or the new fangled Threading?  In which case it could be actually 100% turned ON or turned OFF.

Anyway -yep seen it.