[ngw] MicroFocus Secure Messaging Gateway and Outbound Appointments

Ken Etter KLE at msktd.com
Tue Jun 18 13:17:25 UTC 2019

Yep.  I had an SR open and Suzie already sent me the steps.  Done and things are working correctly now.
Ken
>>> Colin Bretagne <colin.bretagne at gmail.com> 6/18/2019 9:06 AM >>>
Thanks Ken
The issue has been resolved already. This was not limited to SMG or GWAVA
6.x. All Cyren customers were affected.
Customers can contact support for help or follow these instructions.

For GWAVA 6.x customers, follow this TID
https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7020411

For SMG, follow these steps.

   1. Log in to the terminal of SMG.
   2. Stop the SMG Service:
   $ sudo /etc/init.d/gwava7 stop
   3. Change to the antivir definition folder:

$ cd /tmp

   1. Remove the Files

$ sudo rm -rf ./*

   1. Start the SMG services again

$ sudo /etc/init.d/gwava7 start

On Mon, 17 Jun 2019 at 08:39, Ken Etter <KLE at msktd.com> wrote:

> Just a heads up for anyone using SMG.  This morning, outbound GroupWise
> appointments started getting blocked for our company due to a zero day
> virus filter.  My checking leads me to believe this is a false positive.
> If so, it might affect others, so thought I would give people a heads up
> here.  I've opened an SR with MicroFocus to get it checked out.

<(^^)>