[ngw] Duplicate FID - how much of a problem?

Joe Brugaletta JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com
Fri Mar 8 19:18:45 UTC 2019

Oh jeez I'm sorry I misread.. I thought you had two identical FID's in the same post office, somehow :) phew

>>> "Ed Hanley" <ehanley at microfocus.com> 3/8/2019 11:07 AM >>>
FIDs are only unique within a GroupWise PO.  When you move a mailbox from PO1 to PO2 and the FID already exists on PO2 (this is called a FID collision) PO2's POA will assign a new FID to that mailbox coming inbound.

The only concern is with the users Archive Data-store (if in use) that was keyed to the old users PO1 FID.  The new GroupWise 2014 client will automatically take care of the FID change of that users mailbox after the User Move.

>>> David Gerisch <DGerisch at co.tulare.ca.us> 3/8/2019 12:55 PM >>>
I just found the same FID in use by two different mailboxes.  I don't
recall how much of a problem that is.  Obviously, I could not move
either mailbox to the same post office of the other.  Are there other
effects or problems that might arise?

Thanks!

David Gerisch