[ngw] Duplicate FID - how much of a problem?

Ed Hanley ehanley at microfocus.com
Sat Mar 9 02:19:53 UTC 2019

That new employee seems to like technology and figured out how to start archiving his emails within 2 weeks to the local hard disk.

>>> David Gerisch <DGerisch at co.tulare.ca.us> 3/8/2019 3:56 PM >>>
Thank you Ed.  The long term employee might have a GroupWise personal
archive; but the employee that hired on eight months ago won't.

David Gerisch

>>> "Ed Hanley" <ehanley at microfocus.com> 2019-03-08 11:07 >>>
FIDs are only unique within a GroupWise PO.  When you move a mailbox
from PO1 to PO2 and the FID already exists on PO2 (this is called a FID
collision) PO2's POA will assign a new FID to that mailbox coming
inbound.

The only concern is with the users Archive Data-store (if in use) that
was keyed to the old users PO1 FID.  The new GroupWise 2014 client will
automatically take care of the FID change of that users mailbox after
the User Move.

>>> David Gerisch <DGerisch at co.tulare.ca.us> 3/8/2019 12:55 PM >>>
I just found the same FID in use by two different mailboxes.  I don't
recall how much of a problem that is.  Obviously, I could not move
either mailbox to the same post office of the other.  Are there other
effects or problems that might arise?

Thanks!

David Gerisch