[ngw] GroupWise 18.1 client and Conversation Threading - Second Try

Stephen Hesser shesser at arandpartners.com
Mon Mar 18 16:34:55 UTC 2019

I would say indeed there is a client issue, especially if your seeing
the same truncated sent item that the other end is receiving. Prior to
hitting the send button on a reply, what to you see in the message body?
The whole message including all the correspondence?

>>> "Daniel Wells" <Daniel.Wells at mhtn.com> 3/18/2019 11:16 AM >>>
I think it does.  In the instances I looked at, I see my response and
the original email but nothing in between.

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including attachments, are
privileged and confidential and/or proprietary information intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom this is
addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient,
or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended
distribution
or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you
received
this communication in error, please immediately notify sender by
telephone or reply email, do not use or disclose the contents to
others,
and delete the message and all attachments from your computer, system
and/or network. Further, e-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to
be
secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted,
lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The
sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions
in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail
transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy
version.

>>> "Stephen Hesser" <shesser at arandpartners.com> 3/16/2019 7:15 AM >>>
Just curious, does you sent item show the same results as the
receiving
party?

>>> "Daniel Wells" <Daniel.Wells at mhtn.com> 03/15/19 4:20 PM >>>

I and running GroupWise 18.1 on server and a few trial workstations.
I have been asked "Why does your email server chop out the actual
email
text you are responding to? Not a big deal, but it doesn't make it
difficult to piece together conversations when I review threads." and
"I
wouldn't say anything but, it gets confusing when I*m trying to review
thread to make sure I've covered everything."

Apparently what the person at the other end sees the a portion of the
original email and your response. This cuts out any of the
conversation
between the original email and your response, so in a thread with 10
person he communicates with using the GroupWise 18.1 client and he has
no problems with any others. Another of his clients who uses GroupWise
told him that they "knew all about the *conversation mode* problem
with
the 18 client. They said it was out in the forums. They didn't fight
it,
they just downgraded to 14.
I have disabled "conversation threading" and the problem has gone
away.
In my limited view, this is a problem that makes "conversation
threading" something that will have to be turned off at the post
office
level or higher before I can roll out the 18.1 client to the rest of
the
office.  Apparently they did not think to test that aspect before it
was
released.

Daniel Wells AIA, VCP
Manager Information Technology