[ngw] System wide emails / Question from a customer

Marvin Huffaker mhuffaker at redjuju.com
Thu Mar 21 19:52:37 UTC 2019

I received this question from a customer and am not sure what to tell them. Does Anybody do anything similar and what might they be able to do to improve their process?

Thanks.
Marvin

"We have a really old and clunky process for sending system wide emails here at the xxxxxxx. When GroupWise was initially set up everyone had access to send system wide emails (we call them ALL-USERS). Then they ran into problems of misuse including "reply-all" and bake sales. In addition, the sender would get spammed by everyone's out of office messages.  So now we have a proxy type system whereby ALL-USERS emails are forwarded to a listserv and it sends the email back to the county wide user list and it is forwarded as an attachment. Listserv is the only approved user in the ALL-USERS mailbox.

So this works but is really clunky. Users have to click on the attachment to see the all county email. I'm wondering if GroupWise has developed better tools than were available when this was set up 15 years ago."