[ngw] System wide emails / Question from a customer

Marvin Huffaker mhuffaker at redjuju.com
Thu Mar 21 20:42:45 UTC 2019

Thanks, I think that might be just what they need..  I wasn't even sure what they were asking but after looking at that closer, it does sound like they're trying to limit the group to system level and management stuff.

Marvin
>>> "Joe Brugaletta" <JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com> 3/21/2019 12:56 PM >>>
Would group Access Control work? This is how we prevent users, other than management/IT, to be able to send Group All emails

https://www.novell.com/documentation/groupwise2014r2/gw2014_guide_admin/data/adm_grp_mgt_gw_group_control_access.html

>>> "Marvin Huffaker" <mhuffaker at redjuju.com> 3/21/2019 12:52 PM >>>
I received this question from a customer and am not sure what to tell them. Does Anybody do anything similar and what might they be able to do to improve their process?

Thanks.
Marvin

"We have a really old and clunky process for sending system wide emails here at the xxxxxxx. When GroupWise was initially set up everyone had access to send system wide emails (we call them ALL-USERS). Then they ran into problems of misuse including "reply-all" and bake sales. In addition, the sender would get spammed by everyone's out of office messages.  So now we have a proxy type system whereby ALL-USERS emails are forwarded to a listserv and it sends the email back to the county wide user list and it is forwarded as an attachment. Listserv is the only approved user in the ALL-USERS mailbox.

So this works but is really clunky. Users have to click on the attachment to see the all county email. I'm wondering if GroupWise has developed better tools than were available when this was set up 15 years ago."