[ngw] Groupwise 18 MAPI

Denis Jedig denis.jedig at th-koeln.de
Fri Mar 29 17:42:18 UTC 2019

Folks,

we are using Groupwise 18 and would like to get Microsoft Remote
Assistance to work with e-mailed assistance requests. The Remote
Assistance executable (msra.exe) is using Simple MAPI to compose an
e-mail and attach the request file.

According to a comment from Mike Bills himself here
https://ideas.microfocus.com/MFI/mf-gw/Idea/Detail/825 Simple MAPI
should be supported with Groupwise 18. Yet, msra.exe /email is still
starting Outlook 2016 for our Windows 10 users, which is not what we
want to see as Outlook has no preconfigured e-mail profiles in our
setup.

We are installing 18.0.2 as the client version and using "GWMailTo=Yes"
in the [GroupWiseSetup] section of our clients' setup.cfg. Might we have
excluded MAPI from our (automated) setups somehow?

Thanks and kind regards,
--
______________________________
Denis Jedig