[ngw] GroupWise Time

Craig Meads craigm at cwise.co.nz
Wed Oct 9 23:56:34 UTC 2019

I have an issue with GroupWise 18 here in NZ running on a SLES 11 Server.

Daylight savings has kicked in and the Server time, as shown bottom right on the screen has advanced correctly.

However, the GroupWise time as shown in the client alongside emails sent and received has advanced another hour again. It's like GroupWise has invoked Daylight Savings on top of the Daylight savings time on the Server.

I unticked the Daylight savings setting in Timezone and restarted GroupWise, bit nothing changed.

I even tried setting it to Solomon Island Time, which is GMT+11 as opposed to GMT+12 and it made no difference.

It's almost as though it's getting it's time from somewhere that I do not know where.

I see in the client that the option to set time to System is greyed out. I can't see anything in GroupWise Admin that allows that field to be used.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Craig