[ngw] [OffTopic] Re: Can't Map a ROOT drive

Ken Etter KLE at msktd.com
Wed Oct 30 20:01:19 UTC 2019

Since this isn't a GroupWise issue, I modified the subject to start with [OffTopic].  If you can't get this figured out, you should jump over to the MicroFocus forums and ask there.  But here are a couple of thoughts...

1.  This TID https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7016890 is a few years old, but points towards a drive letter in use issue.  Are you sure that S isn't getting mapped to something else?

2.  Something else to try...I don't recall now why/when I changed this, but I use the following format to map drives in my login scripts...

for example:  MAP S:=.FS1_VOL1.MY_ORG_UNIT.MY_ORG

Ken
>>> <techgw1 at gmail.com> 10/30/2019 3:46 PM >>>
Hi,
   We acquired a small office that is completely Microsoft, on an AD
domain, Outlook etc.
We installed the Novell Client for OES SP4 IR12.

We have added their office to our MPLS network.
All the routes on the Cisco network have been verified.
We can now ping all of our servers.
We can resolve server names
I have added our Scope list in the Service Location tab of the client
I have added "Enable LDAP Treless Login" at the LDAP Contextless Login
tab.and added two Servers.
These are the same setting we have been using for years.

Here is a copy of our Login Script

*PCCOMPATIBLENO_DEFAULTMAP G: = chi/VOL1:MAP ROOT S:=chi3/VOL1:SHAREDIF
MEMBER OF  ".HOME.GROUPS.WA.DON"    THEN BEGIN		  MAP ROOT  H:=%"HOME
DIRECTORY"ENDEND*

The G: drive now maps without an issue.
The S: drive will not map. "The following drive mapping operation could not
be completed.
error code was c0000035

At the client login, If I click on the "Trees" button I cannot see the tree.

Any ideas??

Thanks
Bob