[ngw] Can't Map a ROOT drive

Joe Brugaletta JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com
Wed Oct 30 20:21:26 UTC 2019

Can you browse to \\server\share
( file://\server)  via unc ?

>>> "Stephen Hesser" <shesser at arandpartners.com> 10/30/2019 1:20 PM >>>
One thing to try is use the ip address in the server entry of the
advanced  settings and see if that works

>>> <techgw1 at gmail.com> 10/30/2019 2:46 PM >>>
Hi,
   We acquired a small office that is completely Microsoft, on an AD
domain, Outlook etc.
We installed the Novell Client for OES SP4 IR12.

We have added their office to our MPLS network.
All the routes on the Cisco network have been verified.
We can now ping all of our servers.
We can resolve server names
I have added our Scope list in the Service Location tab of the client
I have added "Enable LDAP Treless Login" at the LDAP Contextless Login
tab.and added two Servers.
These are the same setting we have been using for years.

Here is a copy of our Login Script

*PCCOMPATIBLENO_DEFAULTMAP G: = chi/VOL1:MAP ROOT
S:=chi3/VOL1:SHAREDIF
MEMBER OF  ".HOME.GROUPS.WA.DON"    THEN BEGIN		  MAP ROOT
H:=%"HOME
DIRECTORY"ENDEND*

The G: drive now maps without an issue.
The S: drive will not map. "The following drive mapping operation could
not
be completed.
error code was c0000035

At the client login, If I click on the "Trees" button I cannot see the
tree.

Any ideas??

Thanks
Bob