[ngw] Old gw software on linux PO box?

Jeff Parkes JParkes at microfocus.com
Wed Sep 11 12:02:35 UTC 2019

Hi Joe,

The setup.cfg can be found in:

for linux
/opt/novell/groupwise/agents/data/client/setup/win32

For Windows

c:\Program Files\Micro Focus\GroupWise Server\agents\data\client\setup\win32

Micro Focus

>>> Joe Brugaletta <JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com> 9/10/2019 3:50 PM >>>
Thanks Pam!
Cleaned the /software folders up. Where might a fresh "setup.cfg" file be hiding? I'm not finding it on my servers.

>>> <pkrobello at gmail.com> 9/10/2019 1:41 PM >>>
Hey Joe,

If you take the defaults, GW 18 lays down the software in the /opt/novell/groupwise directory.  The software dir is indeed a holdover from GW 2012 and can be deleted.  The directories you need for GW 18 are:

/admin
/agents
/certificates

also if you have them installed,

/monitor
/webaccess

Pam

>>> Joe Brugaletta<JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com> 9/10/2019 12:23 PM >>>
Was trying to figure out how to find the setup.cfg file to edit to "automate" pushing out the gw 18 client via the PO when needed. I came across /opt/novell/groupwise/software directory which I think contains GW 2012 stuff. Should this be deleted/cleaned up? Where does all the GW18 stuff live?