[ngw] Sles15 sp1 & gw 18.1x / 2 issues

Marvin Huffaker mhuffaker at redjuju.com
Tue Sep 24 19:53:49 UTC 2019

SLES 15 for the most part works fine once you get past the learning
curve.

For Mobility, something about python in SLES 15 sp1 breaks mobility.  I
think it’s a python major version change from v2 to v3.    I have
experienced it. There as a tid out there, and the fix is in mobility
upcoming 18.2 release. I don’t think that groupwise itself  uses python
though so maybe it’s unaffected.

I’ve also experienced python issues on mobility on sles 15 GA after the
latest non service pack channel updates.

Marvin

Sent from my iPhone

<gregg at hinchmanconsulting.com> wrote:

> I have not done sles15 yet but have a customer slated for it. That
said the memory issue you spoke of I believe is the same seen on sles12.
Or it acts similar.

> Now why does groupwise 18 sp1 break mobility?  Is this specific to
sles 15 or any OS?   I have done several gw 18 sp1 and not seen this at
all.  That is why I ask.

> Sent from while mobile.
>
> Gregg Hinchman, PMP
> Salesforce Certified
> 765.653.8099
>
>> On Sep 24, 2019, at 3:21 PM, Marvin Huffaker <mhuffaker at redjuju.com>
wrote:

>> Two issues / questions to pose to the group.
>>
>> 1) is sles15 sp1 supported with current gw 18 build? I know that sp1
>> breaks mobility so I have to ask.  Has anybody tried upgrading to
>> sles15 sp1 and were you successful?
>>
>> 2) has anybody seen, experienced, or investigated memory issues on gw
>> 18.x on sles15?   I have a poa that took a server down after
consuming
>> 32gb of ram. I’ve never seen a poa consume this much memory before.
It