[ngw] Sles15 sp1 & gw 18.1x / 2 issues

Jeff Parkes jparkes at microfocus.com
Tue Sep 24 20:18:57 UTC 2019

Marv,

I know that WA will work on SLES 15 SP1 if the Python 2 module is
installed. Same applies to GMS (though we didn't do much testing). As
Pam said though, 18.2 should release next month and sort out all those
issues.

Regards,
Jeff

Micro Focus

>>> Marvin Huffaker <mhuffaker at redjuju.com> 9/24/2019 1:53 PM >>>
SLES 15 for the most part works fine once you get past the learning
curve.

For Mobility, something about python in SLES 15 sp1 breaks mobility.
think it’s a python major version change from v2 to v3.    I have
experienced it. There as a tid out there, and the fix is in mobility
upcoming 18.2 release. I don’t think that groupwise itself  uses
python
though so maybe it’s unaffected.

I’ve also experienced python issues on mobility on sles 15 GA after
the
latest non service pack channel updates.

Marvin

Sent from my iPhone

<gregg at hinchmanconsulting.com> wrote:

> I have not done sles15 yet but have a customer slated for it. That
said the memory issue you spoke of I believe is the same seen on
sles12.
Or it acts similar.

> Now why does groupwise 18 sp1 break mobility?  Is this specific to
sles 15 or any OS?   I have done several gw 18 sp1 and not seen this
at
all.  That is why I ask.

<mhuffaker at redjuju.com>
wrote:

>> Two issues / questions to pose to the group.
>>
>> 1) is sles15 sp1 supported with current gw 18 build? I know that
sp1
>> breaks mobility so I have to ask.  Has anybody tried upgrading to
>> sles15 sp1 and were you successful?
>>
>> 2) has anybody seen, experienced, or investigated memory issues on
gw
>> 18.x on sles15?   I have a poa that took a server down after
consuming
>> 32gb of ram. I’ve never seen a poa consume this much memory before.

It
>> basically took all the ram and gave it to the poa, the core os was
then
>> depleted of usable memory and had to use a considerable amount of
swap
>> space, this effectively caused a denial of service as clients were
>> disconnected from the poa and mailflow stopped.  Had to reboot
server