[ngw] Zoom integration for calendar

Ken Etter KLE at msktd.com
Fri Aug 21 12:33:00 UTC 2020

We use Zoom.  I'm not sure what level of integration you are after.  But if you have the Zoom app installed on your PC, you can create Zoom meetings and add them to your GroupWise calendar quite easily.  Below are the directions I provided my users on our internal wiki.  I had found a bug in the import ics process in earlier GroupWise versions, so this requires at least GroupWise 18.2 in order to work properly.

Scheduling Meetings
1. Open the Zoom application on your PC and select Home > Schedule.
2. Set the meeting parameters and select Schedule.
3. Select Open with default calendar (.ics).
4. The GroupWise Import Calendar box opens. Verify that the Calendar name is correct and select Ok.
5. Close the "schedule a meeting" dialog in the Zoom application.

To invite other attendees, do the following after completing the above steps:
1. Right-click the meeting in your GroupWise calendar and choose Open.
2. Next to the subject line, click the "Change to Group" icon.
3. Add the additional attendees in the To line.
4. (Optional) Change show as from Free to Busy.
5. Select Send.

>>> "Joe Brugaletta" <JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com> 8/21/2020 2:23 AM >>>
Anyone know if Zoom (or the like) is able (or planning to be) integrated with GW somehow to be able to read calendared meetings? Zoom's website says: We support the following services: Google Calendar, Microsoft Exchange, and Microsoft Office 365