[ngw] GW Crashing

David Krotil David.Krotil at hilo.cz
Sat May 2 14:04:32 UTC 2020

This looks like an OS issue not GroupWise, something odd with disk
subsystem ? Is this HW or virtualized ?
If you PM me , I can look on the logs etc.

David

e-mailové zprávy.

about it.

>>> "Matt Schlawin" <mschlawin at FVLHS.ORG> 02.05.2020 14:20 >>>
Hello everyone,
With all the distance learning going on, this is a terrible time for GW
to start acting up.  Here is what I have been dealing with.

I'm running GW 18.1 on SLES 12.4.  All volumes are XFS.  I am running
one PO, MTA, and gwia on this box for about 100 users.  I have separate
servers for GMS, SMG and WebAccess.

The server has been running solid for months, but yesterday the entire
OS was locked up.  It would not even ping.  When I rebooted, it got
stuck in a boot loop.  I booted into recovery and it seemed to be OK for
a while, but then then entire server spontaneously rebooted several
times yesterday.  I was able to get it to boot and run in normal mode.

I did find some old stuck files in wpcsin and wpcsout that I moved out.
 I then had no inbound email because my MTA was not processing email.  I
found almost 300 email in <domain>/mslocal/mshold/<postoffice>/4  When I
moved them out, everything worked again.

It ran all day yesterday but this morning the PO was crashed.  I booted
from a rescue disk and did an xfs_repair on all the volumes to make sure
there was no file corruption.

The server came up but the PO would not start.  I followed TID 7017465
and moved the ngwdfr.db from the ofmsg directory and that worked.

The server has been running for about an hour, but I am not optimistic
it will stay running.  I still have almost 300 messages again in
<postoffice>/ofmsg.  I'm guessing they should not be there?  I also
found over 400 *.ckl files in <postoffice>/wpcsout/chk   Not sure about
those either.

Can someone point me in a direction of what to do next.  Server is
running, email is flowing, but based on yesterday and today, I don't
think this will last.

Matt