[ngw] Antw: Re: GW Crashing

Thomas Stimper tstimper at nmedv.de
Sun May 3 09:16:30 UTC 2020

Do you have the VMware KB for us?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Thomas Stimper

neue medien edv-systeme gmbh
Zwickauer Str. 224
09116 Chemnitz
Germany
Email tstimper at nmedv.de ( mailto:tstimper at nmedv.de )
Tel. +49 371 8448890
Fax +49 371 8448891
Amtsgericht / local court Chemnitz, HRB 12552
Geschäftsführer / CEO: Thomas Stimper
USt.ID / VAT DE176096756
Micro Focus Gold Partner

>>> "David Krotil" <David.Krotil at hilo.cz> 02.05.2020 20:13 >>>
I solved Matt´s problem, there was VMware bug in play, nothing GW
related.

D.

e-mailové zprávy.

Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not
the
intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action
taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may
be
about it.

>>> Hinchman Consulting <gregg at hinchmanconsulting.com> 02.05.2020
19:18

Maybe out of OS disk space?  /tmp full of files??

Sent from while mobile.

Gregg Hinchman, PMP
Salesforce Certified
765.653.8099

> On May 2, 2020, at 8:22 AM, Matt Schlawin <mschlawin at fvlhs.org>
wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> With all the distance learning going on, this is a terrible time for
GW to start acting up.  Here is what I have been dealing with.

> I'm running GW 18.1 on SLES 12.4.  All volumes are XFS.  I am
running
one PO, MTA, and gwia on this box for about 100 users.  I have
separate
servers for GMS, SMG and WebAccess.

> The server has been running solid for months, but yesterday the
entire OS was locked up.  It would not even ping.  When I rebooted, it
got stuck in a boot loop.  I booted into recovery and it seemed to be
OK
for a while, but then then entire server spontaneously rebooted
several
times yesterday.  I was able to get it to boot and run in normal mode.

> I did find some old stuck files in wpcsin and wpcsout that I moved
out.  I then had no inbound email because my MTA was not processing
email.  I found almost 300 email in
<domain>/mslocal/mshold/<postoffice>/4  When I moved them out,
everything worked again.

> It ran all day yesterday but this morning the PO was crashed.  I
booted from a rescue disk and did an xfs_repair on all the volumes to
make sure there was no file corruption.

> The server came up but the PO would not start.  I followed TID
7017465 and moved the ngwdfr.db from the ofmsg directory and that
worked.

> The server has been running for about an hour, but I am not
optimistic it will stay running.  I still have almost 300 messages
again
in <postoffice>/ofmsg.  I'm guessing they should not be there?  I also
found over 400 *.ckl files in <postoffice>/wpcsout/chk   Not sure
about
those either.

> Can someone point me in a direction of what to do next.  Server is
running, email is flowing, but based on yesterday and today, I don't
think this will last.