[ngw] O/T: OES 2018 and CIS

Marvin Huffaker mhuffaker at redjuju.com
Fri Oct 23 16:30:46 UTC 2020

Just putting this out there as I am working on a POC for a customer with lots of storage they want to offload to the cloud using OES/CIS (Cloud Integrated Storage).

Has anybody here used the new CIS product that's part of OES 2018 to offloat data to an S3 target?   What are your experiences? Does it do what you need? Are there any details that it can't do that you wish it could?

Won't go into a lot of detail but in the project I'm doing I've been very disappointed in the product overall, lots of bugs, and seems to lack some basic features that I would hope for it to have. Honestly they say it's a production ready product but it acts more like a rough beta.

Thoughts?

Marvin