[ngw] O/T: OES 2018 and CIS

David Krotil David.Krotil at hilo.cz
Fri Oct 23 17:33:24 UTC 2020

You don´t give much details, but I give you my experiences. I tried in
SP1, that was horrible, in SP2 are improvements, but still isn´t
production ready. Simple volume scanning hang on small volumes, you
can´t restart agents from management console and that´s only
inventory part, I have tried the cloud part.

David

e-mailové zprávy.

about it.

>>> "Marvin Huffaker" <mhuffaker at redjuju.com> 23.10.2020 18:30 >>>
Just putting this out there as I am working on a POC for a customer
with lots of storage they want to offload to the cloud using OES/CIS
(Cloud Integrated Storage).

Has anybody here used the new CIS product that's part of OES 2018 to
offloat data to an S3 target?   What are your experiences? Does it do
what you need? Are there any details that it can't do that you wish it
could?

Won't go into a lot of detail but in the project I'm doing I've been
very disappointed in the product overall, lots of bugs, and seems to
lack some basic features that I would hope for it to have. Honestly they
say it's a production ready product but it acts more like a rough beta.

Thoughts?

Marvin