[ngw] O/T: OES 2018 and CIS

Marvin Huffaker mhuffaker at redjuju.com
Tue Oct 27 02:40:26 UTC 2020

There's not much detail to give. so far I don't even have a working
product as I'm waiting for developers to get back to me on another issue
I'm facing. I've been fighting this product for a year.

I have it connected to a minio s3 compatible target out in the cloud
somewhere.. The cloud part is fine, the functioning of the software
itself is horrible.

marvin
>>> "David Krotil" <David.Krotil at hilo.cz> 10/23/2020 1:33 PM >>>
You don´t give much details, but I give you my experiences. I tried in
SP1, that was horrible, in SP2 are improvements, but still isn´t
production ready. Simple volume scanning hang on small volumes, you
can´t restart agents from management console and that´s only
inventory part, I have tried the cloud part.

David

e-mailové zprávy.

Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not
the
intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action
taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may
be
about it.

>>> "Marvin Huffaker" <mhuffaker at redjuju.com> 23.10.2020 18:30 >>>
Just putting this out there as I am working on a POC for a customer
with lots of storage they want to offload to the cloud using OES/CIS
(Cloud Integrated Storage).

Has anybody here used the new CIS product that's part of OES 2018 to
offloat data to an S3 target?   What are your experiences? Does it do
what you need? Are there any details that it can't do that you wish it
could?

Won't go into a lot of detail but in the project I'm doing I've been
very disappointed in the product overall, lots of bugs, and seems to
lack some basic features that I would hope for it to have. Honestly
they
say it's a production ready product but it acts more like a rough
beta.

Thoughts?

Marvin