[ngw] GW 18 Mobility, IOS13 and printing

Craig Meads craigm at cwise.co.nz
Tue Oct 27 10:38:29 UTC 2020

That's interesting Simon. Because of the time zone differences between us and Support  I would struggle to get remote support at the time of upgrade. Do you know what they did to the script,  or has it been fixed in a later download of OES2018SP2? Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.<div>
>>> "Simon Shilton" <Simon.Shilton at acustica.co.uk> 10/27/2020 23:30 >>>
"As an aside, the client was coming up from SLES11/OES2015SP1 and is the fourth upgrade out of five where the upgrade fails on updating then bringing up the eDirectory. I had to nuke, and then restore files."

I had this problem, in the end Support came in and took me through the upgrade and stepped in when it failed. Apparently a old known bug in the scripts where are No does eDir exist, should be a yes. Support fixed the two instances in the script and the reran the OES install/upgrade and all came good.

I had problems with the upgrade to GW webaccess, so in the end I blew it away and setup gwweb on sles15sp1 which may not be fully featured yet, but is a much nicer experience.

Simon

>>> On 27 October 2020 at 00:21, in message <5F97681F0200004F000246BB at 192.168.10.1>, "Craig Meads" <craigm at cwise.co.nz> wrote:
GW Mobility

Over the weekend I upgraded a small user to OES2018 and GW18.2. I also installed GW Mobilty 18.2 on SLES 12SP5 to a spare i5 unit hehad. He only has about 10 users, of which two have the latest iPhones with IOS 13.7 on them.

Mobility is working fine with their Android Devices such as the Samsung S10.

With the Apple devices I am aware that there are certificate issues. Is GW Mobility capable of generating a certificate that can be used? I have seen Dsapp, but I believe it has been obsoleted, but I did try it, but without success. I may have done something wrong, however. I generated a key called mobility.cer but on the device (my android as a test unit) it said it needed a private key, but would not give me the option to enter one. The message would flash up then disappear.

Is there a better solution than mucking around with third party certificates for only two users? And if we have to purchase third party certificates, how do we incorporate them into GW Mobility? And then down to the devices?

Printing

The client had been on GW18.0. They would receive orders containing XML files, and they would print them out. The font was quite large and readable. In the GW18.2 client, when repeating the same process, the font is small and contains header lines. Adjusting the "Print Options" in the dialog box does not seem to have any effect, except to make things smaller if we choose a larger font size. I have put them back to 18.0 in the meantime, and that is a workaround. However I will need to come up with a proper solution. Any ideas?

As an aside, the client was coming up from SLES11/OES2015SP1 and is the fourth upgrade out of five where the upgrade fails on updating then bringing up the eDirectory. I had to nuke, and then restore files.

Many thanks

Craig Meads

11 Gover St, PO Box 279
New Plymouth 4340, New Zealand