[ngw] GW 18 Mobility, IOS13 and printing

Stephen Hesser shesser at arandpartners.com
Tue Oct 27 12:56:42 UTC 2020

Went for the basic 2 year single device cert, I believe it was $84 for
the 2 years
>>> "Craig Meads" <craigm at cwise.co.nz> 10/26/2020 8:01 PM >>>
Thanks Stephen

For a small organisation like my client, would the xPress one suffice,
or did you go for the Basic?

How do you go about getting it into Mobility?

Thanks

Craig
>>> "Stephen Hesser" <shesser at arandpartners.com> 27/10/2020 13:41 >>>
It’s the apple devices. They require a public verifiable cert. I went
round and round with them on this issue and ultimately purchased a
cert
from network solutions....

Sent from my iPad

> On Oct 26, 2020, at 7:22 PM, Craig Meads <craigm at cwise.co.nz> wrote:
>
> GW Mobility
>
> Over the weekend I upgraded a small user to OES2018 and GW18.2. I
also
installed GW Mobilty 18.2 on SLES 12SP5 to a spare i5 unit hehad. He
only has about 10 users, of which two have the latest iPhones with IOS
13.7 on them.

> Mobility is working fine with their Android Devices such as the
Samsung S10.

> With the Apple devices I am aware that there are certificate issues.
Is GW Mobility capable of generating a certificate that can be used? I
have seen Dsapp, but I believe it has been obsoleted, but I did try
it,
but without success. I may have done something wrong, however. I
generated a key called mobility.cer but on the device (my android as a
test unit) it said it needed a private key, but would not give me the
option to enter one. The message would flash up then disappear.

> Is there a better solution than mucking around with third party
certificates for only two users? And if we have to purchase third
party
certificates, how do we incorporate them into GW Mobility? And then
down
to the devices?

> Printing
>
> The client had been on GW18.0. They would receive orders containing
XML files, and they would print them out. The font was quite large and
readable. In the GW18.2 client, when repeating the same process, the
font is small and contains header lines. Adjusting the "Print Options"
in the dialog box does not seem to have any effect, except to make
things smaller if we choose a larger font size. I have put them back
18.0 in the meantime, and that is a workaround. However I will need to
come up with a proper solution. Any ideas?

> As an aside, the client was coming up from SLES11/OES2015SP1 and is
the fourth upgrade out of five where the upgrade fails on updating
then
bringing up the eDirectory. I had to nuke, and then restore files.