[ngw] GMS 18 on SLES 15 SP2 and dsapp

Laura Buckley Laura at laurabuckley.co.za
Thu Oct 29 07:12:53 UTC 2020

Hi,

Indeed it has to do with the encryption of the database password.  There is
a work around:   dsapp --clear

Follow the prompts to enter the database password and you will need the
trusted app key.  The end result is your database password will be in the
.xml file in clear text --> so be aware of that.  dsapp will then work.  To
re-encrypt the database password run the update script found in
/opt/novell/datasync.

Cheers,

Laura

Lifelong Learner