[ngw] Antw: Re: GMS 18 on SLES 15 SP2 and dsapp

Thomas Stimper tstimper at nmedv.de
Thu Oct 29 12:19:50 UTC 2020

Hi Laura,

any news regarding dsapp development?

Best regards

Thomas

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Thomas Stimper

neue medien edv-systeme gmbh
Zwickauer Str. 224
09116 Chemnitz
Germany
Email tstimper at nmedv.de ( mailto:tstimper at nmedv.de )
Tel. +49 371 8448890
Fax +49 371 8448891
Amtsgericht / local court Chemnitz, HRB 12552
Geschäftsführer / CEO: Thomas Stimper
USt.ID / VAT DE176096756
Micro Focus Gold Partner

>>> Laura Buckley <Laura at laurabuckley.co.za> 29.10.2020 08:12 >>>
Hi,

Indeed it has to do with the encryption of the database password.
There is
a work around:   dsapp --clear

Follow the prompts to enter the database password and you will need
the
trusted app key.  The end result is your database password will be in
the
.xml file in clear text --> so be aware of that.  dsapp will then work.
re-encrypt the database password run the update script found in
/opt/novell/datasync.

Cheers,

Laura

Lifelong Learner

www.laurabuckley.co.za

On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 3:59 AM Craig Meads <craigm at cwise.co.nz>
wrote:

> My understanding is that DSAPP isn't maintained anymore.
>
> It is a shame, because there were some nice features. As it is now,
there
> isn't a really smooth professional way to deal with certificates, and
I am

https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7024139)
> start of dsapp failes with error messages that dsapp can't decrypt
> passwords in GMS config. Does anyone has a solution for this or knows
if
> dsapp development will be continued?
>
> Uwe
>
> <code>