[ngw] Power outage - dms databases corrupt?

Joe Brugaletta JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com
Tue Aug 3 23:49:58 UTC 2021

Users are reporting "F046 Unavailable" messages appearing in Find window when searching DMS libraries.. They are getting some results, but definitely not all. If I run a gwcheck against the library db's, gwcheck crashes (can't say ive seen this before.. Uh oh)...
Yesterday we had a power outage and believe this has something to do with it.
I can see (if I'm quick enough) which DB gw check is choking on when it hits it.. I.e. dmdd0312.db ..
If I run a gwcheck against the library (structure only).. It'll make its way to the bad db and error out..
If I run a gwcheck against the database file it errors out on, it runs for a bit then chokes. Seems somewhere near the end.

What do you think next steps are? (I opened a case, but no response yet).

I'm reluctant to restore the db from just prior to the power outage until last resort. I don't even know what kind of ramifications that might have.. I can't imagine there are "new" docs stored in those DB's if they are screwed up.

Any ideas?