[ngw] Antw: Re: [External] GW Web 18.3.2

Thomas Stimper tstimper at nmedv.de
Thu Aug 26 10:42:20 UTC 2021

you could put a nginx reverse proxy in front of GMS, GWWeb and Webaccess
and than you can use 443
for all from the outside

Best regards

Thomas

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Thomas Stimper

neue medien edv-systeme gmbh
Zwickauer Str. 224
09116 Chemnitz
Germany
Email tstimper at nmedv.de ( mailto:tstimper at nmedv.de )
Tel. +49 371 8448890
Fax +49 371 8448891
Amtsgericht / local court Chemnitz, HRB 12552
Geschäftsführer / CEO: Thomas Stimper
USt.ID / VAT DE176096756
Micro Focus Gold Partner

>>> "Craig Meads" <craigm at cwise.co.nz> 25.08.2021 23:19 >>>
In my, and my clients' configurations, I have GMS and GW Web running on
one Server, and GroupWise running on the OES Servers.

I put GW Web on port 446, and have devices connecting to GMS on 447.

It works fine, the users just have to have <ip>:446 or <ip>:447 when
accessing.

Webaccess itself is on the OES Server, and is accessed via normal
https:<ip> or A record

Cheers

Craig

>>> "Joe Brugaletta" <JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com> 26/08/2021 4:08 AM

Is that a new requirement? Initially when GW Web was in testing I had
it running on the same box as Webaccess.. Just on different ports.

>>> "James Taylor" <James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com> 8/25/2021 8:36 AM

I'm pretty sure you would need to run the 18.2 webacc on a separate
server from  the 18.3 agents, though.
I assume larger environments do that in any case, but smaller sites run
everything on one server.
-jt

James Taylor
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com

>>> "Craig Meads" <craigm at cwise.co.nz> 8/25/2021 3:17 AM >>>
You can still run 18.2 Webaccess, it's just on the Install. It is what
I have done.

If you have GW 18.2 and 18.2 Webaccess, then upgrade to 18.3, GW Web
18.3 etc for those that want it, but 18.2 Webaccess will still be there.
If for some reason it isn't, then you can drop in a 18.2 Install, and
install just the Webaccess. It all co-exists quite happily.

Cheers

Craig

>>> "Thys de Beer" <thys at nwpg.gov.za> 25/08/2021 6:41 PM >>>
WOW!!!! should i then  upgrade this weekend!!! i asked my self!! ... my
users are going to kill me ... this is no good ... and you cant go
gw18.3.2 without gwweb right?.. where the days when you upgrade and you
get more features or at least the same without bugs and not less
features and more bugs ...

Kind Regards,

Thys de Beer
NWPG: Office of the Premier
GITO: ICT Infrastructure
Deputy Dir: Server Administration
018 388 3828
------------------

>>> "Craig Meads" <craigm at cwise.co.nz> 2021/08/25 07:38 >>>
I agree with all of these, and this is a great list for 18.4!

The ability to move the Compose Window is especially important for
iPads, as users end up typing blind with the pop-up keypad obscuring the
Compose Window.

Cheers

Craig

>>> Paul Grzesina 08/25/2021, 11:18 AM >>>

We recently switched from the old web access to the new GW Web. For
those who haven't yet made the switch the following are a list of things
that our users noticed/complained about. Some of them might have
solutions that I don't know, some are probably bugs, and some of the
issues might be present in the old version as well.

Contacts
* There is no way to add or edit contacts.

Calendar
* The calendar currently does not show category colors.
* Multiple day events are only displayed on the first day.
* Busy search, while present, has been confusing for our users. (Click
the blue check is fine, but apparently clicking the red X to look for a
time slot that works is hard to figure out.)
* The calendar does not refresh automatically.
* Creating a personal calendar entry is obscure. (Compose a calendar
entry and then click the person icon is a lot more obtuse than dragging
a range in the calendar.)
* There's no ability to drag a personal calendar entry to a new time.
* Changing the time of a non-personal appointment requires deleting it
and creating a new one.
* There's no multi-user calendar displa
y. (I'm sure that's not present
in the old one either.)

Mail
* There's no spell checker and the browser based spell checkers (Chrome
and Firefox at least) do not appear to be operable while composing a
message.
* There's no print option.
* There's no resend option.
* There's no ability to retract a message.
* The current quota usage is not displayed.
* There's no change to option. (I don't think that's in the old one.)
* The number of unread messages is not displayed in the folder list.
* If you click reply or reply all on a message, the CC and BCC options
are not visible unless you click the recipient first.
* If you turn off the preview pane, there's no way to resize the
columns or sort by the other columns.
* Messages opened as windows cannot be moved or resized.
* When a message is open in a window, there are no controls in the
window to reply/forwrad/delete the message.
* The advanced find features are not present.
* If you do a find and then delete a message from find, you return to
the full message list not the found message list.
* Any message filter in the sent items folder will return an empty
list. (This happens in the old version as well.)
* When in composing a message/appointment, if you right click in the
message body, the menu that appears only lists Link. The standard
editing tools (paste in particular) are not available. (Control-right
click works around that.)

Mobile
* There does not appear to be a way to select multiple messages on a
mobile device.
* In portrait mode, while looking a message the ... extended menu is
not present. There is an option to move a message, but not to mark it as
unread or private.
* In the message list, press and hold to get the context menu works on
Android but not iOS. (I'm not an iOS person, so I may not know the work
around but I haven't found an alternative.)

Mac Mail
* If you send an HTML message from GW Web that contains an inline
image, only the image is visible if the message is read on Mac Mail. It
shows up as expected elsewhere.

--
Paul

Disclaimer
"This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain information
which is confidential, private or privilege in nature and it is for the
sole use of the recipient to whom it is addressed. If you are not the
intended recipient, you must immediately notify the sender via
electronic mail and further refrain from reading, disseminating,
distributing, copying or using this message or any of its transmitted
files. Any views of this message and its transmitted files are those of
the sender unless the sender specifically states such views to be those
of the North-West Provincial Government. Though this message and its
transmitted files have been swept for the presence of computer viruses,
the North-West Provincial Government accepts no liability whatsoever for
any loss, damage or expenses resulting directly or indirectly from the
use or access of this message or any of its transmitted files."