[ngw] GW Web 18.3.2

Pam Robello pkrobello at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 12:40:58 UTC 2021

Paul,

You might check out the GW Web Tech Preview site. You can also post your list in the Ideas community for GW Web.

We have refreshed the GroupWise Web Tech Preview.

Docker Hub site (for downloading software) is here: https://hub.docker.com/r/mfgroupwise/webacc-ng

Tech Preview forums are here: https://vibe.novell.com/novl/workspace/groupwise_web

New to this Update

New Functionality:

Global Signatures: A Global Signature can now be added at send time for "all messages". Template Global Signatures are preferred over regular Global Signatures when both are provided. The option for "external messages" is supported via the GroupWise Internet Agent (GWIA).
Maximize the item read and compose dialog: The ability to maximize the item read dialog and compose dialog using the dialog toolbar is added. When clicked outside of a maximized dialog, the dialog is minimized. The dialog can be maximized again using the common toolbar at the bottom.

Bug fixes:
Resolved issue when using filter in Sent Items folder and Work In Progress folder.
Applying filter on a shared-to-me folder with also include the matching Posted items.
Added support to send a message to a group of a personal Address Book.
Fixed display issue in the Calendar view when a group appointment is created, and personal appointment is created or modified.
Other, general bug fixes.

GroupWise Backend Version

The GroupWise version required to support the fixes above is a more recent 18.3.1 version of GroupWise (build 138640 - located on Forums site).

Product Downloads, Forums, Tutorial Videos

Product downloads, video tutorials, and forums are located on the forums site here: https://vibe.novell.com/novl/workspace/groupwise_web

Note: We have a new video for this specific update - titled "August 2021 Update" on forums site - that demonstrates the new functionality in this update.

Translated Strings

You will notice that we have not yet translated some of the new strings to non-English languages. You do not need to report this in the forums. This is a work in progress.

Pam

>>> Paul Grzesina<Paul.Grzesina at uregina.ca> 8/24/2021 5:18 PM >>>

We recently switched from the old web access to the new GW Web. For those who haven't yet made the switch the following are a list of things that our users noticed/complained about. Some of them might have solutions that I don't know, some are probably bugs, and some of the issues might be present in the old version as well.

Contacts

* There is no way to add or edit contacts.

Calendar

* The calendar currently does not show category colors.

* Multiple day events are only displayed on the first day.

* Busy search, while present, has been confusing for our users. (Click the blue check is fine, but apparently clicking the red X to look for a time slot that works is hard to figure out.)

* The calendar does not refresh automatically.

* Creating a personal calendar entry is obscure. (Compose a calendar entry and then click the person icon is a lot more obtuse than dragging a range in the calendar.)

* There's no ability to drag a personal calendar entry to a new time.

* Changing the time of a non-personal appointment requires deleting it and creating a new one.

* There's no multi-user calendar display. (I'm sure that's not present in the old one either.)

Mail

* There's no spell checker and the browser based spell checkers (Chrome and Firefox at least) do not appear to be operable while composing a message.

* There's no print option.

* There's no resend option.

* There's no ability to retract a message.

* The current quota usage is not displayed.

* There's no change to option. (I don't think that's in the old one.)

* The number of unread messages is not displayed in the folder list.

* If you click reply or reply all on a message, the CC and BCC options are not visible unless you click the recipient first.

* If you turn off the preview pane, there's no way to resize the columns or sort by the other columns.

* Messages opened as windows cannot be moved or resized.

* When a message is open in a window, there are no controls in the window to reply/forwrad/delete the message.

* The advanced find features are not present.

* If you do a find and then delete a message from find, you return to the full message list not the found message list.

* Any message filter in the sent items folder will return an empty list. (This happens in the old version as well.)

* When in composing a message/appointment, if you right click in the message body, the menu that appears only lists Link. The standard editing tools (paste in particular) are not available. (Control-right click works around that.)

Mobile

* There does not appear to be a way to select multiple messages on a mobile device.

* In portrait mode, while looking a message the ... extended menu is not present. There is an option to move a message, but not to mark it as unread or private.

* In the message list, press and hold to get the context menu works on Android but not iOS. (I'm not an iOS person, so I may not know the work around but I haven't found an alternative.)

Mac Mail

* If you send an HTML message from GW Web that contains an inline image, only the image is visible if the message is read on Mac Mail. It shows up as expected elsewhere.

--

Paul