[ngw] [External] Knowledgebase issues?

Craig Meads craigm at cwise.co.nz
Mon Oct 11 23:32:05 UTC 2021

If I understand what you're saying correctly, having just done it, I used Yast | Network Settings to make the hostname the same, and then modified /etc/hosts to DNS the GW Server  (192.168.10.1 server.cwise server  and itself, just in case, 192.168.10.2 mobility.cwise mobility)

It all gets a bit long-winded with command lines, so I recommend using ssl-toolkit  as a replacement for DSAPP. I liked DSAPP, for it's ease of use, and also the other maintenance tasks like vacuum.

I personally feel that Micro-Focus should put together some more user-friendly scripts for installation of Mobility, Certificates, and GW Web.

We are writing our own scripts here for the meantime, for our own internal use.

Cheers

Craig

11 Gover St, PO Box 279
New Plymouth 4340, New Zealand
Ph 64 6 7575767
Mob 64 21 420521

craigm at cwise.co.nz, www.cwise.co.nz

>>> "Joe Brugaletta" <JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com> 12/10/2021 10:39 >>>
First Facebook and now the KB?! :)

In that case.. Does anyone know how to properly change a new gms servers hostname to match old one without the ability to use DSAPP?
And some conflicting info I've read.. To have users not notice the gms server change at all.. Does new server need to match hostname only or also have the ip of the old server? Memory serves you could just change the NAT address to the new internal servers ip and all would go well.

>>> "Pam Robello" <pkrobello at gmail.com> 10/11/2021 11:24 AM >>>

It is down currently, unfortunately.  Our IS team is working on getting it back up and running but currently we do not have an ETA.

Pam

>>> Joe Brugaletta<JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com> 10/11/2021 12:04 PM >>>

Anyone else having KB issues last few days? Been unable to access any documents on the KB.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__support.microfocus.com_kb_doc.php-3Fid-3D7015744&d=DwICAg&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=vfKuCvzWKlhjrQP4MZgcKF_sjZDhN3tce1ZSwdMdh40&m=cP2Yyd-DDAl8_OihpDa2xKtx4A_Nq0FSPehoyAO7QIA&s=LqImSylvQgVPo0m0zs87sQRkFktyFhvhzOHhB3pm0HI&e=

Bad Gateway!

The proxy server could not handle the request