[ngw] [External] [External] Knowledgebase issues?

Pam Robello pkrobello at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 18:29:34 UTC 2021

Ok, sorry, not to help out much with Joe's issue but to give an update on the tid situation.  If you have the exact URL, as Joe has listed here, those tids are available.  Searching the site for tids however is a bit of hit and miss.  I am waiting for an update on that

As to Joe's original question - Joe - check your email.

Pam

>>> Joe Brugaletta<JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com> 10/12/2021 10:07 AM >>>

Hi Craig,
I'm referring to this TID: https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7015744 after being referenced to it from this one: https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7024234

TID makes it seem like if you change the hostname of the linux server, this will break GMS unless you change some GMS stuff too, but it doesn't say what needs to be changed.. Only "use dsapp"..which we know no longer works.

>>> "Craig Meads" <craigm at cwise.co.nz> 10/11/2021 4:32 PM >>>
If I understand what you're saying correctly, having just done it, I used Yast | Network Settings to make the hostname the same, and then modified /etc/hosts to DNS the GW Server  (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__192.168.10.1&d=DwIFAg&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=vfKuCvzWKlhjrQP4MZgcKF_sjZDhN3tce1ZSwdMdh40&m=jiAxdxYTLVZisU_OaGX0IXX1m9A7aLCp_cwQRKHGhk4&s=_dXpL6TWeYvz2Ived3aBGRww3h-nhuDa2jdeyLxePW4&e= server.cwise server  and itself, just in case, https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__192.168.10.2&d=DwIFAg&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=vfKuCvzWKlhjrQP4MZgcKF_sjZDhN3tce1ZSwdMdh40&m=jiAxdxYTLVZisU_OaGX0IXX1m9A7aLCp_cwQRKHGhk4&s=EhfejGKwRoFJzLX3sBd8X3JBxLEJKGYDbIwiB7Q4F64&e= mobility.cwise mobility)

It all gets a bit long-winded with command lines, so I recommend using ssl-toolkit  as a replacement for DSAPP. I liked DSAPP, for it's ease of use, and also the other maintenance tasks like vacuum.

I personally feel that Micro-Focus should put together some more user-friendly scripts for installation of Mobility, Certificates, and GW Web.

We are writing our own scripts here for the meantime, for our own internal use.

Cheers

Craig

11 Gover St, PO Box 279

New Plymouth 4340, New Zealand

Ph 64 6 7575767

Mob 64 21 420521

craigm at cwise.co.nz, https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.cwise.co.nz&d=DwIFAg&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=vfKuCvzWKlhjrQP4MZgcKF_sjZDhN3tce1ZSwdMdh40&m=jiAxdxYTLVZisU_OaGX0IXX1m9A7aLCp_cwQRKHGhk4&s=_xciE0krbGmJHsmS3IWyr9gLFxhx2HkXlw0qs9RucFU&e=

>>> "Joe Brugaletta" <JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com> 12/10/2021 10:39 >>>

First Facebook and now the KB?! :)

In that case.. Does anyone know how to properly change a new gms servers hostname to match old one without the ability to use DSAPP?

And some conflicting info I've read.. To have users not notice the gms server change at all.. Does new server need to match hostname only or also have the ip of the old server? Memory serves you could just change the NAT address to the new internal servers ip and all would go well.

>>> "Pam Robello" <pkrobello at gmail.com> 10/11/2021 11:24 AM >>>

It is down currently, unfortunately.  Our IS team is working on getting it back up and running but currently we do not have an ETA.

Pam

>>> Joe Brugaletta<JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com> 10/11/2021 12:04 PM >>>

Anyone else having KB issues last few days? Been unable to access any documents on the KB.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__support.microfocus.com_kb_doc.php-3Fid-3D7015744&d=DwICAg&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=vfKuCvzWKlhjrQP4MZgcKF_sjZDhN3tce1ZSwdMdh40&m=cP2Yyd-DDAl8_OihpDa2xKtx4A_Nq0FSPehoyAO7QIA&s=LqImSylvQgVPo0m0zs87sQRkFktyFhvhzOHhB3pm0HI&e=

Bad Gateway!

The proxy server could not handle the request

ngw at ngwlist.com