[ngw] GroupWise Messenger 18.3

Matt Ray mray at groupwiseguru.com
Thu Oct 14 20:06:20 UTC 2021

Have a customer who is using Groupwise Messenger 18.3.1.   We upgraded them from whatever version was being used when 2014 was released and they have been using LDAP against eDirectory for their authentication.   With 18.3 they are having a few issues, mostly around users, since it now uses the GroupWise directory.  They are able to get around most of the issues, but wondering if some of you have been able to solve this last problem.  Messenger is using the first initial last name, instead of the users First Name Last name.   Is there a way to import the name instead of the email first initial last name?   The process doesn't seem very flexible.   Have I missed a document somewhere that could shed some light on this or maybe an email thread?

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Matt Ray
MC Consulting/GroupWiseGuru