[ngw] GroupWise Messenger 18.3

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Thu Oct 14 20:15:43 UTC 2021

Are your referring to the login ID or the displayed name?
All of the systems I work with use the login ID to login, but the contacts show firstname lastname in the searcch results and in the client's My Contats window.
Are you pointing messenger to the GW LDAP? That's the way mine are set up.
-jt

James Taylor
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com

>>> Matt Ray <mray at groupwiseguru.com> 10/14/2021 4:06 PM >>>
Have a customer who is using Groupwise Messenger 18.3.1.   We upgraded them from whatever version was being used when 2014 was released and they have been using LDAP against eDirectory for their authentication.   With 18.3 they are having a few issues, mostly around users, since it now uses the GroupWise directory.  They are able to get around most of the issues, but wondering if some of you have been able to solve this last problem.  Messenger is using the first initial last name, instead of the users First Name Last name.   Is there a way to import the name instead of the email first initial last name?   The process doesn't seem very flexible.   Have I missed a document somewhere that could shed some light on this or maybe an email thread?

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Matt Ray
MC Consulting/GroupWiseGuru