[ngw] OES Client

Pam Robello pkrobello at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 14:51:52 UTC 2021

Thanks Gregg.  That's good to know but please keep in mind that it is not supported for GroupWise so it is a use at your own risk :-(

>>> Gregg A. Hinchman<Gregg at HinchmanConsulting.com> 9/9/2021 8:30 AM >>>

Have not seen any file lock issues in years.  Been using these settings:

DO NOT SELECT NFS 4!!

1. Set up NFS Server on Host/source

2. Add directories to advertise on source

- /mail1

-/mail2

3. Set Options on Directories

crossmnt,rw,no_root_squash,sync,no_subtree_check

4. Finish/Save.

5. Set up NFS Client on Target

-IP of Source Server

-Remote Directory — /mail1 or /mail2

-Mount Point — /mnt/oldsvr1, /mnt/oldsvr2

-Check NFS v4 box  -NOT —make sure in Settings its UNCHECKED

6. Ok/Save

7. Test/Check

Will just say: Works for me.  Ultimately Support has to...well support it.  :)

But thanks for the reminder on on SAMBA and CIFS.

Take Care.

Gregg A. Hinchman, PMP

Salesforce Certified

Gregg at HinchmanConsulting.com

www.HinchmanConsulting.com

765.653.8099

"Courage is doing what is right."

Walk in the opposite direction of those running."