[ngw] GW Webaccess 18.2.1 - help/behavior

Joe Comeau Joe.Comeau at hli.ubc.ca
Thu Sep 9 19:34:40 UTC 2021

Hi We are having an issue after upgrading to GW18

in Webaccess 18.2.1  (not the newer web 18.3.2 docker)
build 125777 - 3/4/2020

we have a couple issues

1) inbox - moves to top of list
When a user selects an email and opens it  - the mailbox list in the current folder (usually mailbox) immediately bounces/moves to the top of the list of that folder
Happens in other folders as well, doesn't matter if sorted by date in ascending or descending - it always goes to the top

It does not do this for sent items folder

Is there a way to stop this behavior ?

2) seems to be a huge lag on larger mailboxes
  We think it is based on the number of emails in the main mailbox vs the size of the entire mailbox
  this could also be because of 1 above

couldn't see anything in the webacc.cfg file other than the  poll idle timeout

the webaccess logs in verbose mode show
get message list (move down in mailbox view)
get message list (move down in mailbox view)
read a message
read message
get message list  (this is showing moving to the top of the list) - does not happen in the sent folder
get message list
get folder list

thanks Joe