[ngw] [External] gw 2018 - quickfinder running

Joe Brugaletta JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com
Thu Sep 9 22:02:36 UTC 2021

Its been a while but if memory serves.. They messed with the schema/databases in 2018 so the upgrade causes a complete re-index (I don't remember a heads up about this, but had the same issue). I could be thinking about 2014 though. You should see indexing happening with Verbose logs. Or even on the POA HTTP page, believe at the very bottom it says "QuickFinder Indexing = Yes/No"

>>> "Joe Comeau" <Joe.Comeau at hli.ubc.ca> 9/9/2021 1:33 PM >>>

It seems after the upgrade to 2018 our quickfinder seems to be running and putting a load on the server
but when looking at the logs in diagnostic mode - to see quickfinder updateing - it shows nothing
no indexing is happening

after a restart of the POA last night

only way to stop it is by restarting GW
but then it starts again on schedule and does nothing...

we can manually go in and delete indexs and rebuild for a user (before the schedule can start)
so quickfinder does work

thanks Joe