[ngw] Firefox 92 and GW Admin

Ian Young iyoung at graphic.plc.uk
Thu Sep 16 06:13:30 UTC 2021

Hi all,

Thanks for the TID Craig. I'd been meaning to sort this a while. In FireFox, I had to delete the GroupWise server certificate after that the dialogue was displayed.

With thanks

Ian
Ian Young
IT Manager
Extension 364
DDI - 01363 778764
Skype - graphic-ian.young

Graphic PLC
Tel. +44 (0) 1363 774874
Website: www.graphic.plc.uk

*Graphic will not be accepting any visitors for the foreseeable future due to Covid-19, please do not attempt to visit our factory without prior agreement

Follow us on LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/company/graphic-plc/

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee only and may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not use the contents nor disclose them to any other person, and you are requested to notify the sender and delete the email.
Please note that design advice is given in good faith and without prejudice. Graphic cannot be held responsible for any product failure, or if systems do not perform as expected. Information given is for the use of the recipient only and others within their organisation; it should not be given to a third party without express authorisation from Graphic plc.
ITAR regulations stipulate that customers must inform their suppliers if their products are subject to ITAR regulations. If no mention of the ITAR regulations is made on the quote request or the order then Graphic PLC will assume that the ITAR regulations do not apply.

>>> "Craig Meads" <craigm at cwise.co.nz> 16/09/2021 04:50 >>>
I see there is now a TID for this

https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7025266

I have tried the workaround on Firefox and Chrome and it worked. I note it is under investigation.

Environment GroupWise 18
Situation
When attempting to access GWAdmin via Chrome, Edge or Firefox a dialog is presented prompting you to 'Select a certificate'.  If you click OK you will see the following:
Edge:
The connection for this site is not secure

Chrome:
This site can't provide a secure connection

Firefox:
Secure Connection Failed

Resolution When presented with the option to 'Select a certificate', click the Cancel option which should then present the 'Administration GroupWise 18' login screen.
Cause This is issue is under investigation.
Additional Information The Chrome and Edge browsers allow you to reload the page and you will be prompted again to 'Select a certificate' at which point you can select 'Cancel' in order to access the GWAdmin login page.  In Firefox, if you selected OK, by default this decision will be 'remembered' and you will continue to see the 'Secure Connection Failed' message on subsequent attempts to access GWAdmin.  To resolve this in Firefox, while still showing the 'Secure Connection Failed', click on the 'circle i' to the left of the URL and choose the option to 'Clear cookies and site data...' and select Remove when prompted.  Reload the page, verify 'Remember this decision' is checked and select 'Cancel'.